The basis for the organisation of predefined hospital-internal treatment processes and patient care procedures should not be limited to internal clinical experience, as the progression of knowledge and competition is ever present. This requires a constant adjustment of the internal knowledge base vis-a-vis the best external sources in order to ensure adequate and competitive health care provision.
ADDITIONAL ELEMENTS OF OUR PROCESS-MANAGEMENT
- Identification and quantification of risk-adjusted potential efficiency enhancements
- Analysis of process-structures, identification of potential bottlenecks
- Evidence-based adaptation of the process controls, with special focus on preliminary diagnosis and transfer-management (over-, under- and inappropriate supply)
- Review of resource input and utilization (staff and material expenses) in relation to the medical outcome
- Moderation of process-reorganization
- And others